Opening

On June 23 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Chisinau, Moldova to work with the New Hope Moldova team to share the gospel by working to restore the physical and spiritual needs of the Gypsie community in that country. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing their lives and impacting the people of Moldova on this blog

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Changed







Saying goodbye today has shown us how many connections we have made here in Moldova. God has stretched every one of us on this journey and we have been so blessed to be able to come here. 

As we stood there in front of the church today Mark made a fantastic point. There are only 9 of us in this country, but close to 1,000 standing behind us at home. They helped us to raise these funds, the supplies that we brought with us, and the prayers lifting everyone up. The people here have thanked us over and over again. They have thanked us for coming into our schools, their community, and their lives. 

On our last day here, our hearts were yet again filled. I’m so thankful that our entire team was able to go together on this final stop. We spent out evening at an orphanage today. From the moment we pulled into the driveway they swarmed our van. We sang, we danced, we laughed, we gave them gifts, we gave them stories and the hope of Jesus! 

These kids hugged me harder than anyone has ever hugged me in my life. An 80 pound girl literally squeezed the air right out of my body and she didn’t let go. In fact, she came back for thirds. ❤️ For some reason adoption has always been on my heart. I’ve never felt the desire to have kids, but I have always considered adopting. To see how grateful those kids were to have some flip flops and a goodie bag... I can’t imagine the look on their faces when a family comes to take them home. I hope someday JR and I are able to change a kids life. 

I think I’m going to feel lost at home. This trip sure has shown me how self centered I can be. It’s been great to be surrounded by other people from our church that know how and where to get me more involved. Something so different here is that even if a person doesn’t agree with you on something, they still keep a respectful demeanor with you. So speaking with people back home is going to be a challenge for me this coming week.   These worlds are just so different, and the people here are impossible not to love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment