Opening

On June 23 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Chisinau, Moldova to work with the New Hope Moldova team to share the gospel by working to restore the physical and spiritual needs of the Gypsie community in that country. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing their lives and impacting the people of Moldova on this blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Faith expressing itself

This is a totally different journey - because I’m in different place in my faith journey. I am taking it in to see where God leads me - listening and seeing. I am not really sure yet of where I’m being taken but I do have a peace being here.  
Last evening was Ladies night - we shared a time of worship and sharing our stories. I do believe i was sent to share Sophie’s story - to give hope to someone of God starting with the impossible then doing a miracle. A miracle that can only point toward God. Confirmation came that indeed that I have reached someone - without God we are lost but with God we never walk alone - one of the women who came shared with joyful tears - she was given hope. This morning another confirmation came from a prayer partner - thru Galatians 5:6 “For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.” That is what is happening here with our entire team. 
We have completed day 2 at the medical clinic in Cahul -seeing over 180 patients thus far. I have been acting as a pharmacist and watching. Today we were blessed to have Dr Anastasia with us - a family practice physician. Our translators are Mark, Nikita and Alyssa all of whom I’ve worked with before and this year we’ve also been working with Emma. I like it that we are able to talk and share about our culture and lives. Emma passed her final exams with a 9.5 - how exciting to see her happy face. We are all staying at the transition home - Viji and Olga (from the home in Balti) are the current houseparents. Their daughters Abigail and Sophie have grown so much. Olga has been making us delicious meals - none are going hungry. 
The team went on a short walk to see the town - beautiful. All are sleeping so I will join them - until the dogs bark and roosters crow welcoming morning. Looking forward to what tomorrow will bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment