Opening

On June 23 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Chisinau, Moldova to work with the New Hope Moldova team to share the gospel by working to restore the physical and spiritual needs of the Gypsie community in that country. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing their lives and impacting the people of Moldova on this blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Mr. Vitale

Today was beyond touching. I’m sure our days will continue to be even more incredible, but I don’t know how it can get any better than this. 

This morning durning our devotional time Cathy’s prayer partner had sent her the quote, “Life becomes more meaningful when you realize the simple fact that you’ll never get the same moment twice.” It was my goal today to live in the moment, appreciate the tiniest of things, and feel what was happening around me. 

Half of our team went to a preschool this morning, while the nurses stayed back to run the clinic. They are working SO hard! The children this morning melted my heart away. I lived in the moment this morning! I’ve never felt so much love flooding my heart from so many different people. Every child we were there to spend time with was thrilled that we came to love on them and play with them. It was very moving. 

The food bag delivery today was awakening for me. We saw many families that were beyond thankful that we came to help them. One man was telling us about how they don’t make enough money to keep their electric on. His wife had major stomach issues, had surgery, and it didn’t go very well. He doesn’t eat very often so that his wife and son have enough. After we prayed for him, he prayed for us. Telling us how we are no different than Jesus and he is so grateful for our help. It brought me to tears! 

Personally, when I hit hard times, my faith doesn’t always stand as strong as it should. I know I have some pride to let go of, but when tough times hit I tend to drift away from God at first. Then I run back to him and my faith grows stronger, but these people keep their faith! They have nothing, they have been through harder times then we will even know, and no matter how deep of a hole they are buried in, they never loose their faith. These people need powerful prayers of blessings to start flooding their villages! 

This man came back tonight for our men’s group and I believe he got a lot out of the messages that were shared. He smiled, he cried, he danced, and his eyes were so filled with love! When we gave them dinner you could see the hole in his belly as he ate. I wish I could have given him the world because he has completely changed mine.

2 comments: