Opening

On June 23 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Chisinau, Moldova to work with the New Hope Moldova team to share the gospel by working to restore the physical and spiritual needs of the Gypsie community in that country. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing their lives and impacting the people of Moldova on this blog

Friday, June 29, 2018

Walk by faith not by sight

“We walk by the spirit when the desires of the spirit are stronger than the desires of flesh.” John Piper

God ran the show all day! We had a program for just shy of 300 preschoolers today.


Today I felt very led by the Holy Spirit. In the smallest of tasks I would know what was about to happen, I already knew the correct path to take, the correct people to discuss things with, or an answer to what I was facing. For example, this morning was very hectic and I didn’t have time to read my bible. I grabbed my daily letter from JR to read on the go. I read it as we walked out the door and by the time we got into the van the letter was buried in my backpack. We had about 5 minutes of standing and waiting until we loaded up to leave. I was racking my brain trying to think of the Bible verse JR wrote on my letter. As I was thinking Cathy walked out of the house wear a shirt that said, “Walk by faith” 2 Timothy 4:7 That was it! That was the Bible verse JR wrote to me this morning. 

Another God trick, as most of you know, I take photos of EVERYTHING. A huge part of my job on this trip is documenting what’s happening here for our mission, for Oleg’s mission, and for the community we are being involved with. Most of the schools we are attending don’t mind photography. Actually, the kids absolutely love it! They love to see themselves on the camera. The first school we attended today I picked my camera up and immediately felt the need to set it back down. I just keep hearing, “No!” After the end of the program I said something about it and it turns out that the principle at this school would have had a big issue with the camera. 

The children today were amazing. One school had 160 kids and the second school had 120. Each kid I got to dance with, high five, or hug I truly connected with. I just knew what to pray over each tiny head and I loved being able to squeeze some love into them. One little boy was so excited about a Hershey Kiss that he was vibrating with excitement  in his chair. I think today was one of the few times I have truly been able to pray within the spirit. 

Say some prayers for our health! We have one person not feeling so great and I didn’t feel very good today either. We are getting very tired, constantly busy, around tiny germs all day, and ill feeling people in the medical clinic which is inside our home. We are drinking lots of water and they do feed us extremely healthy here! Looking forward to delivering some more food bags out in the community tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment