Opening

On June 23 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Chisinau, Moldova to work with the New Hope Moldova team to share the gospel by working to restore the physical and spiritual needs of the Gypsie community in that country. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing their lives and impacting the people of Moldova on this blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

The People

Having a wonderful experience in Moldova. This is my second international mission trip and it has surprised me how different it feels. For the first day I was helping people choose reader glasses in our clinic. This gave me an opportunity to speak with and provide care for the Moldovan people. I immediately felt a deep connection and desire to show love to these people. They come dressed up with lipstick and jewels presenting themselves in a dignified manner. That struck me because of the pride that they have despite the oppressive circumstances. My heart to heart connection with most of the people was so intense that I found the language barrier was not a barrier at all. Russian and Romanian languages have some similar words as English so maybe that was it but I really don’t think that was the reason. I felt as if I could read their expressions, intonations and especially their eyes. It sound corny but I felt I saw a glimpse into their soul. I was blessed, hugged, kissed and received gifts all day long. And I thought I was the one here to pray and love on people?!?  This connection continued into Day 2. Somehow I knew the ages of a woman’s children without having met her before. Total God things!! 
The connection with these people continued at the preschool today. I had a blast playing with the kids. They enjoyed hitting me in the head with balloons like whack a mole. Then I lead follow the leader which looked like me herding cats despite the teachers helping. This was a school for 3-5 year olds. The kids are there from 7:30am to 6pm everyday. Wow. That’s a long time without your parents everyday. 
I am so grateful for being able to have this experience and I am eagerly awaiting the rest of the week. 
Oh and by the way our team is AWESOME! We are all growing and supporting each other and laughing all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment