Opening

On June 23 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Chisinau, Moldova to work with the New Hope Moldova team to share the gospel by working to restore the physical and spiritual needs of the Gypsie community in that country. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing their lives and impacting the people of Moldova on this blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Lessons Learned

Today we delivered gifts and prayers to teenage mothers living in a shelter and also to families struggling to survive and provide for their children in the city of Cahul. Meanwhile, the nurses on our team provided much needed care to 87 patients in the medical clinic.

Wherever we were at work, God blessed us with the opportunity to connect with the Moldovan people. As a side effect of our collective effort to connect the ‘least of these’ to the powerful love of God, each of us found ourselves drawing much closer to Him on our spiritual journey. In a way, the ones we thought we came here to serve were actually serving us! God is SO incomprehensibly GOOD!

When we visited with a young mother who grew up in an abusive household and was clearly deeply scarred by trauma, I felt deep gratitude to God for the imperfect but ALWAYS loving family life my daughters enjoy. 

As I delivered unrehearsed testimony to two groups of strangers, I was forced to practice setting my fear aside and trusting in the Holy Spirit to supply me with words when I did not know what to say myself. 

One food delivery we made was to a woman whose husband was killed when he left the country to find work. She tended a beautiful small farm to provide for her two daughters. The manual labor she must do daily for her family’s survival seems exhausting and impossible, yet her face radiated peace and beauty. I felt God’s love and presence powerfully in that garden.


I end this day with prayers that each person I encountered today fully experiences God’s love, peace, and favor, as well as newfound gratitude for the blessings I too often take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment