Opening

On June 23 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Chisinau, Moldova to work with the New Hope Moldova team to share the gospel by working to restore the physical and spiritual needs of the Gypsie community in that country. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing their lives and impacting the people of Moldova on this blog

Saturday, June 30, 2018

New challenges

“Don’t treat people how they treat you. Treat people like God treats you.” 

Everyone is at a different place in their faith journey, but helping them to be better, and loving them through it is going to be a huge challenge for me heading back the America. When people don’t want to change themselves and their mindset to be better, what can you do? Love them through it. This is all I can think about right now since we are coming home very shortly and I will be faced with a whole new set of challenges. 

I am no better than any other person. I fail God daily. I can’t always hold my tongue. My thoughts get away from. I let the world influence my behavior. I’m self centered and not always putting other people or God’s work first. But, I am aware of those things and constantly trying to change. Change is hard, but it’s the best thing we can open ourselves up to. 

“Repentance is a lifestyle, not a one time event. True repentance is a change of behavior. John, writing to believers said in 1 John 1:9, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and to cleanse us from ALL righteousness.”

I know I’ll fail and fall back into my old ways because I am human. But, I want this to stick. I don’t want to be moved by the friends, family, or the world. I want to be moved by God and work for him daily. I don’t want negative conversations filling my mind, bad behavior effecting my decisions, or sinful ways infecting my soul. My biggest struggle going home is going to be standing firm in my faith, pouring out God’s love onto others, and blocking out any darkness from coming into myself. It’s very hard to live in this world, but not be of the world, and strive for something bigger than yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment